Using a high quality oil based cleanser is the best thing for all skin types, and is the only type of cleanser that really does help to lift blackheads and yet does not strip your skin of it’s natural and vital lipid barrier….remember that ‘squeaky-clean’ is so totally bad, unnatural and unhealthy for all skin….
NOTE: Cleanse at night. Do NOT cleanse in the shower. You need to use cool water to cleanse.
OCM in 6 easy steps.
1. Do not wet face. Do not wet hands.
2. Apply about the size of US 25c coin to dry skin each P.M.
3. Move over skin in gentle circular motions for 1 to 2 minutes.
Concentrate on areas where you have blackheads and more ‘oil’ production.
It does not foam or have any of the tricks associated with all commercial detergent cleansers out there.
4. After 1 – 2 minutes add a little cool water to fingers and add it to the oil cleanser on your skin. Repeat 4x. The cleanser turns ‘milky’ with the addition of water.
At this point you will have the distinct tactile feeling of the skin of your fingers on the skin of your face – meaning there is no cleanser product separating them.
5. Remove all residue of the cleanser by splashing the face with cool water.
Your skin will feel soft, moist, and clean. There will be no unnatural ‘squeaky-clean’ feeling nor a sense of dryness on the vast majority of skin types.
6. Pat the skin dry with a clean soft towel and marvel at the great feeling.
It is important not to over cleanse the skin – only once a day (in the PM) is all your skin needs – unless you are a teenage type 4 acne sufferer who needs to cleanse twice per day – but the vast majority of people will just unbalance their skin by cleansing more than once per day.
To remove makeup like foundation, use more cleanser – you will have to try different amounts based on the type and quantity of makeup you apply to your face.
To remove eye makeup, apply cleanser to some cotton and wipe over eye area. Repeat if needed depending on the type and quantity of eye make up you applied. Do not rub harshly – just use a bit more cleanser. Be gentle with your skin – it does not deserve harsh treatment – after all you put the makeup on the skin – it’s not your skin’s fault – so be gentle with it!
Watch the OCM video at SkinCareTV.